Friday, February 10, 2012

Basketball Before Birthdays

I want my birthday to be a BIG deal. Perhaps this stems from growing up as a triplet, where Februray 16th was three times the birthday in our house. For whatever reason, I like for birthdays to be special. Mine kicks of the Birthday Gauntlet, a 7 week span in which we celebrate a birthday for each of the four Baileys (plus my Dad's and my triplet sisters - making that 7 in all).

Since my special day, apply dubbed "Amanda Day", is so close to Valentine's Day, I like to start the celebration early. Every year, the birthday festivities include special dinner plans. This year, the plan was to do the usual birthday dinner this weekend,due to basketball games next weekend. Coach always takes me to dinner at the place of my choosing, usually far out of town. We'd planned to leave right after lunch. But, things have not gone as planned.

The original plan was to cancel the regularly scheduled Friday night practice for Coach's little guys. But, the Woodland 9/10 Blue team played Tuesday night, and let's just say that they looked like they could really use that practice. After a short discussion, we decided that the birthday dinner was definitely second in the priority list behind ball tonight.

Don't feel bad. It was my idea. They do need the practice. They have three games next week and a tournament. Plus, we're still going. Just later. There may be some wives who would be upset at having to rearrange plans for basketball. But, not this one.

On a side note, Devin played his best game in the losing effort on Tuesday night. It makes me proud to see how hard he's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment